Wednesday 28 November 2007

Stuff that's been happening

Our cheque account went into unplanned overdraft. And one cheque I had written hadn't even been given to the people who would bank it yet. Had to borrow from my son's savings to put it back into the black. :-( Hubby NOT happy. Thankfully his pay went through yesterday, so we could catch up with necessary groceries.
I have been planning and organizing to teach an art class called "Creative Days" next term (Term 1 2008), and have finally finalized the venue. Three of the homeschooling families couldn't do it so pulled out. I will need to advertise region-wide for more participants to make sure the class can afford the venue hire plus the materials. It has been fun reading up on how to teach art - I have such a passion for the kids to really discover the joy of creating something new from simple materials. Have borrowed many books, from the local library and from a homeschooling friend whose youngest daughter (age six) is sooo amazing in what and how she draws. The Monart method looks like it could be the most beneficial so I will try to incorporate it into one or two of the ten sessions. I really like the idea of insisting on total silence so the students can concentrate well... not sure quite how well it can be implemented with the age range being from four years old to fourteen.
Also, I have been spending a couple of hours each day going through the ProfitLance internet marketing course - wow it is so in-depth. And gives such a broad overview as well. Now I just need to have a go at using one of his Website Templates to design my own - I am such a newbie at this, it's a little bit scary. As well as exciting. Will keep you posted on progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment